Thanks to smartphones, you no longer need to carry a camera. Modern phone cameras are quite advanced and offer plenty of features to satisfy even professional photographers.
With the ability to take thousands of photos, it can be difficult to find an image you want to share. And what about those photos you don’t want anyone to see. Tap or click here to learn how to find your photos quickly and keep your private photos hidden.
What do you do when you spot a plant, animal or landmark and want more information? You don’t need to do a Google search. Your phone can identify it for you. Keep reading to find out how.
Just tap the star
What breed of dog is it? What kind of flower grows in this hedge? Who painted this beautiful portrait?
If you like to question the world around you, you will like Visual search. This feature, introduced with iOS 15, helps identify and learn more about certain subjects found in your photos.
All you have to do is take a photo with your iPhone, or you can use one you’ve already taken. Next:
- Open the image in the Pictures application.
- look for it I symbol at the bottom of your screen. If two stars are attached to it, the image is compatible with Visual Lookup.
- Swipe up on the photo or tap the star I symbol to get more information about the photo.
- Faucet Look for on your iPhone and you will get more information about the subject of the photo as well as web search results.
Try testing the accuracy of the feature by using it on a photo of a subject you already know.
Try with Google
Google Lens uses Google’s huge database of information to help identify objects. You can use it to get more details about your images.
Google Lens is available for free on android devices. Here’s how to use it:
- Open the Google Photos application
- Select a photo and press Lens.
- Based on your photo, check details or take an action, such as getting more information about a plant species or linking to a store that sells an item in your photo.
RELATED: 10 things you didn’t know you could do with Google Lens
5 hidden Google Assistant tricks for your Android
Hidden setting to help you clean unnecessary files from your camera roll